You can access and set up your membership by going clicking on the Smart Membership module on your dashboard
Once you are there, we would advise you to watch the video that is placed there so that you can be informed on how you can set up your membership:
Once you have done so you will be fully informed on how you can set up your membership, but if you want to learn in through this article, we will go through the steps here as well.
1. The first step is the general settings for your membership
-The basic membership site info
1. From here you can set your site title ( you can use [[site_title]] to dynamically display your site name
3. From here you can set all your products to e displayed or just the ones that the member owns.
4. From here you can configure your Footer text
- The registration settings
5. From here you set if you want your free members to confirm their email address before they can log in ( not recommended)
6. From here you can set the minimum number of units while your members are creating their password.
7. When you activate this lever you will make it mandatory for the member to have a strong password ( meaning at least 1 number or upper case character)
8. When you activate this lever you will make it mandatory for new members who have purchased via an affiliate link to complete your registration form before login in.
-The login & logout settings
9. When you activate this lever you will be notified if someone is trying to brute force your membership site login.
10. From here you can set up the logout redirect from your membership e.g. when someone has logged out of your membership you can take them back to your login page or to a completely different URL)
And, do not forget to Save your settings!
2. On to the second step, and that is the Email settings
- The sender information
1. From here you have to choose an Email SMTP server in order to send all transactional emails, If you want to use a third party SMTP server you will need to integrate it with the "integration" option
2. From here you can type in your From name e.g. Company name
. From here you need to type in your From email address ( this cannot be a free email address e.g. Gmail/yahoo/outlook, it needs to be a proper email e.g. email@example.com
or something similar)
4. This is going to be the email signature that will be appended to every email you send
5. Here you will need to fill out your Business Adress that is required by the CAN-SPAM act rule.
- The notification Emails
6. From here you can configure the email that your customers will be receiving once you get a new member, you can set the email to notify you as well.
7. From here you can configure your confirmation Email
8. From here you can configure your " forgot password" email
9. From here you can configure your receipt Email as well as toggling if you want to send a receipt email to your members at all.
10. And from here you can configure your subscription cancelation email, you can also toggle if you want to receive a notification if someone has unsubscribed from you as well.
And as always, do not forget to click on the save button so you can move on to the final setup!
3. The final step will encompass the registration form for your membership
Here you will be able to add additional fields to your membership registration as well as remove them if you wish, and again do not forget to click on the Save button to finish your Smart Membership Setup. And presto you are done!
You can later change and edit all of your setting in the "Settings" option after you have set up your membership: